Mittens (End of Season 2022)
Mittens (End of Season 2022)
Mittens (End of Season 2022)
Mittens (End of Season 2022)
Mittens (End of Season 2022)
Mittens (End of Season 2022)

Mittens (End of Season 2022)

Regular price $99.00

End of Season 2022.

To confirm the size that suits you best, please refer to our sizing chart.


With its minimalist and refined design, this light but incredibly warm mitten will follow you anywhere all winter. For an urban stroll, a walk in the woods or just a good moment outdoors with friends, milkweed will keep you warm.

Responsible and vegan product.

Harvested, designed and made in Canada.


Our mittens have been thoroughly tested during the last two winters at temperatures reaching -32°C (-25°F), with good performance. Optimal temperatures for use are between -10°C and -25°C (14°F to -13°F). Please note that in milder weather, the mittens may be too warm. Also, the perception of cold can vary for each person and with the intensity of the activity.


Our mittens are about 95% waterproof. In order to achieve the remaining 5%, we likely would have had to choose an environmentally problematic DWR coated nylon as an outershell, or a composite textile made of multiple fusioned materials, including something like a PU membrane. In most cases, 100% waterproofness comes with a reduced breathability and/or reduced recyclability, in addition to being less comfortable (plastic feeling).Instead, we chose a tightly woven polyester that repels water for around 10 straight seconds, leaving time for the droplets to be removed. In addition to this: Milkweed is naturally waterproof. So it repels water from outside (i.e.: melting snow) and from inside (i.e.: sweat). So if you combine the « mechanical » water-repellant property of our outershell and milkweed’s natural hydrophobic property, you end up with dry hands even in the harshest conditions. As a test, we made a hour-long jogging in heavy rain, in the Spring at an outside temperature of 5°C (41°F) and the hands of the testers stayed warm and dry.

This product includes

  • 1 Lasclay mitten (right hand) with 100% milkweed insulation
  • 1 Lasclay mitten (left hand) with 100% milkweed insulation
  • 1 Lasclay clip made of 100% corn biopolymer
  • 1 small milkweed seed packet to plant and help monarch butterflies
  • 1 thank-you card illustrated by a Canadian visual artist


  • Insulation: 100% Milkweed
  • Outershell: 100% Polyester
  • Lining: 86% Recycled polyester, 14% spandex
  • Palm patch: 50% cork, 50% nylon-polyurethane composite

Care instructions

  • Wash cold
  • Do not bleach
  • Do not tumble dry
  • Do not iron

Why Lasclay?

Respectful of monarchs

By purchasing a Lasclay product, you are directly helping the monarchs, an endangered species. An abundance of milkweed in rural areas provides them with invaluable breeding grounds before their great migration, after which we harvest the floss.

Discover the monarch
Responsible and cruelty-free

Oil-based synthetic insulation destroys entire ecosystems and the down industry needlessly causes suffering to geese and ducks. Milkweed is a perennial and indigenous plant. It is grown without pesticides or fertilizers and performs better than down or synthetic.

Discover milkweed
Perfect for the city or the outdoors

Our products are designed for hybrid use. The right balance between elegance and performance.

From harvest to your hands
100% milkweed insulation

Not all insulation has properties as amazing as milkweed.